CrowFans.com was founded in September
1999 by George aka Phr0st. Originally CrowFans.com was going to
be a web host to other crow sites. As fate would have it Frank
aka TheCrowTV sent an e-mail asking Phr0st for some web space
for his new project. Phr0st responded back and said he was working
on a project similar to what TheCrowTV was working on. Phr0st
and TheCrowTV showed each other what they were working on and
instead of competing against each other they decided to work together
on this project that became known as The Crow Fans Web Portal.
Phr0st was responsible for the programming, layout, and graphics
of the site while TheCrowTV was responsible for the content and
promotion of the site. CrowFans.com was launched as The Crow Fans
Web Portal on May 31, 2000. Originally the site navigation was
done with graphics but eventually had to switch text based system
because of how big the site had gotten.
CrowFans.com is now brought to
you by the webmasters of three crow sites; LLcruize (A
Boy and His Bird), Corvus (The
Crow: A Dead Man Visits You), and TheCrowTV (The
Crow's Loft). All three of us have come out of retirement
to help facilitate the rebuilding of the online Crow community.
We feel it is important for all of us to become more involved
again. If we don't try and do something now, our fanbase is going
to die quickly. Other fan bases of genre/cult films are seeing
a resurgent in their masses. To quote Top Dollar during his rally
cry before the "Great Moby" scene; "We need to
start a fire so God Damn big the god's will notice us again".
Important dates for CrowFans.com
- May 31, 2000 - CrowFans.com was launched as The Crow
Fans Web Portal consisting of a graphic layout which would later
be replaced by text as the site expanded.
- June 6, 2000 - CrowFans.com hosted a chat with Bryce
Zabel, the executive producer of The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
- September 15, 2000 - CrowFans.com had a booth at AMC River
Park Square in Spokane, WA to promote the failed theatrical test
run of The Crow: Salvation with Eric Mabius the lead star of
the movie signing autographs.
- September 26, 2000 - CrowFans.com launches a boycott in
conjunction with several other major crow sites against Miramax
films for their treatment of The Crow: Salvation.
- October 30, 2000 - CrowFans.com Version 2 was launched
the site was vastly redesigned and added a couple new features
to the site.
- December 6, 2000 - CrowFans.com hosted a chat with Bridget
Baiss, the author of the book The Crow: The Story Behind
- January 22, 2001 - CrowFans.com Version 2 Service Pack
1 was launched kinda sounds like a Microsoft product doesn't
it? We launched several new sections of the site and overhauled
the fan forum with a new forum script.
- March 21, 2001 - CrowFans.com hosted a chat with Jeff Most,
the executive producer of every Crow Film and Soundtrack.
- May 31, 2001 - CrowFans.com Version 2.5 was launched
with some minor updates and tweaks to the site, and a couple
- March 31, 2002 - CrowFans.com Version 3 was launched
with the theme of Real Love Is Forever.
- May 31, 2003 - Frank aka TheCrowTV announces his
retirement from CrowFans.com and his crow site The
Crow's Loft; he agreed to stick around until the final version
of CrowFans.com was developed.
- November 23, 2003 - Would serve as the final update to
CrowFans.com, with nothing more than a notice stating that they
would be working on the final version of CrowFans.com.
- November 15, 2004 - CrowFans.com closed its doors rather
abruptly due to Phr0st getting a new job at a major company.
A Boy and His Bird split
off from CrowFans.com and moved to http://www.abahbnews.com/.
- 2005 - Tried to move the site to a new web host but
that fell thru. Phr0st became real busy adjusting to his new
job and TheCrowTV was busy serving his country in the US Navy
- August 2006 - Phr0st and TheCrowTV got together
and agreed to bring CrowFans.com back from the dead.
- December 11, 2006 - Phr0st says good bye to CrowFans.com
and transfers the domains over to TheCrowTV.
- February 14, 2007 - CrowFans.com is relaunched